Warm, hearty, and comforting, Creamy Bean & Sausage Soup is the perfect dish to savor on a chilly day. This flavorful soup combines the smokiness of kielbasa sausage with the creaminess of white beans, all enveloped in a rich, savory broth. With a medley of vegetables and a touch of Worcestershire sauce for depth of flavor, this soup is not only delicious but also easy to prepare. Whether enjoyed as a satisfying meal on its own or as a delightful appetizer, this recipe is sure to become a household favorite.
To make your Creamy Bean & Sausage Soup even more enjoyable, consider serving it with a few tasty accompaniments. Warm crusty bread or garlic toast makes a delightful side for dipping into the creamy broth. A sprinkle of grated Parmesan cheese on top adds a deliciously cheesy touch. If you prefer some greens, a simple salad with fresh lettuce, cherry tomatoes, and a light vinaigrette pairs wonderfully with the rich flavors of the soup. Whether you’re sharing this soup with friends and family or enjoying a cozy meal for one, these serving suggestions will enhance your dining experience.
26 ounces sliced kielbasa
30 ounces Great Northern white beans, rinsed and drained
1 diced onion
3 tablespoons unsalted butter
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
2 diced carrots
3 minced garlic cloves
3 cups chicken broth
1 cup milk
1/4 cup flour
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
Salt and pepper to taste
1. In a large soup pot or Dutch oven, heat 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil over medium-high heat.
2. Add the sliced kielbasa and sauté until they turn brown and crispy, about 5-7 minutes. Remove them from the pot and set them aside.
3. In the same pot, melt 3 tablespoons of unsalted butter.
4. Add the chopped onion and diced carrots to the pot. Sauté for about 5 minutes, or until the vegetables begin to soften.
5. Stir in 2 teaspoons of minced garlic, salt and pepper. Cook for another 1-2 minutes until fragrant.
6. Sprinkle ¼ cup of all-purpose flour over the vegetables and stir well for 1 minute.
7. Pour in chicken broth, milk, and Worcestershire sauce while stirring continuously to prevent lumps from forming. Bring everything to simmer.
8. Return the sautéed kielbasa to the pot. Gently fold in the rinsed and drained Great Northern white beans.
9. On medium low simmer heat, allow the soup to simmer for about 15-20 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender and the flavors meld together.
10. Taste the soup and adjust the seasoning with salt and pepper if needed.
Serve hot, garnished with fresh parsley.
I hope this recipe brings as much joy and comfort to you and your loved ones as it does to my husband and me. It truly is a bowl of warmth and blessings.
Credit: Home Remedies