BREAD For the perfect garlic cheese toast, you need to use a thickly sliced white bread, both common or sourdough. On the grocery store, it’s generally within the frozen part and known as “Texas Toast.” Search for bread that’s thick sufficient to carry the toppings and thick sufficient for dipping into soups and sauces!
BUTTER Use butter for finest outcomes. Margarine will work as properly, however gained’t have fairly the flavour that butter does!
CHEESE I used cheddar, Monterey Jack, and parmesan cheese. Be happy to make use of any cheese you’ve available! Mozza, Emmental, or Swiss will all style nice!
GARLIC Contemporary, minced garlic actually kicks this up a notch. Add kind of relying in your love for garlic!
- 4 slices of Texas Toast or thick white bread
- 1/2 cup of grated cheese (cheddar, mozzarella or a mix)
- 2 tablespoons of unsalted butter, melted
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced (elective)
How To Make Tacky Texas Toast
- Preheat oven to 400°F (205°C).
- Place bread slices on a baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, combine collectively melted butter and minced garlic (if utilizing).
- Brush the combination evenly on each side of the bread slices.
- Sprinkle grated cheese evenly on high of every slice.
- Bake within the preheated oven for 10 to 12 minutes, or till cheese is melted and bread is golden brown.
- Serve sizzling.
Credit score: Recipes Want